Asus Strix x370-F Gaming VGA light is on, No Display on Monitor

Sep 13, 2018
Hey guys, I just upgraded a few parts on my PC and on boot everything looks great but the monitor just says 'No signal detected' and the white VGA led is on.

After doing some troubleshooting I realized that my new CPU (Ryzen 2600) wasn't compatible on the stock BIOS for the x370-F. I have tried resetting the CMOS and downloading the BIOS and using a USB flashback to install them but it didn't work because I couldn't find the ROG connect button on the motherboard.

Additionally, my keyboard LEDs don't light up when connected. Don't know if that is related but thought I should include it.

PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600
Motherboard: Asus Strix x370-F Gaming
GPU: GTX 970
RAM: Hyperx 16GB DDR4 - 2400

I would love any and all input. Thanks in advance.

How to update the BIOS
Here's the usual process:

Download BIOS from manufacturer's website
Unzip it and copy to a spare USB flash drive
Restart your computer and enter the BIOS
Use the menus to update the BIOS
It's good to have a spare copy of all important files from your PC before you start. Though a failed BIOS update doesn't endanger the data on your hard drive directly, you will be able to access your files and continue working with them on another computer if you have a backup on a removable drive.

Sep 13, 2018

Hey mate, thanks for the reply!
I've attempted to do this. I have the new BIOS on my USB, renamed the file according to the manual, plugged in the USB and then started the PC. And nothing. Still no signal on the monitor. I can't enter the BIOS at all.
Thanks

TRENDING THREADS