Question Asus strix x570 f no power

Nov 24, 2019
Just purchased x570 mobo and tested it before installing. Rgb strix logo comes on but no other lights. Tryd to jump it and that did not work either. Tested old mobo and that started up no problem. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ryzen 9 3900x
Geforce 2080ti
16g corsair vengeance ram
Rog strix x570 f
Nzxt h710i case

Nov 24, 2019
Thanks for the reply just put took out the mobo and put it back on the board and check all connections everything looks good and cpu pins are not damaged. Also tried moving ram stick to each slot with no avail.

Nov 24, 2019
Could be the problem, but I didn't think it would happen that easily. Right out of the box I hooked up the power cables and it already wasn't working but I do appreciate the help

Could be the problem, but I didn't think it would happen that easily. Right out of the box I hooked up the power cables and it already wasn't working but I do appreciate the help
Depends where you are working, never on carpet. Simple static electricity can short a board, or maybe it was DOA. It’s interesting the rgb light is on. But that Means it’s getting some power. You have all cpu power cables hooked up?

Reactions: bencos2018

bencos2018

Honorable
Jan 15, 2019
Just purchased x570 mobo and tested it before installing. Rgb strix logo comes on but no other lights. Tryd to jump it and that did not work either. Tested old mobo and that started up no problem. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ryzen 9 3900x
Geforce 2080ti
Rog strix x570 f
Nzxt h710i case
Try rma ing it if u didn't get working you possibly got a faulty board?

Jan 24, 2021

Ryzen 9 3900x
Geforce 2080ti
Rog strix x570 f
Nzxt h710i case

Not sure this help but, mobo lights up , but the dont turn on? Turns out it was a cord that give my harddrive power. Not sure this could have been the problem, my OS in on my m2 ssd, and i just use another 2.5 sdd and harddrive for extra space only. But it was the problem stopping my mobo from turning on.