[SOLVED] ASUS TUF 5700 XT black screen crashing

• Thread starter Deleted member 2861715
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2861715

I have just bought this card and while on the desktop it will run find without any issues. It ran CSGO at 1440p fine without any problems. However the moment I would do something like start Heaven benchmark or a game like Rocket League it will black screen indefinitely, requiring to hold the power button. The fans keep spinning meanwhile.

I've done a DDU on it and installed the latest Radeon drivers. I've tested with another 5700 XT (powercolor) and that one worked fine so I'm pretty sure it points to the hardware. Amazon can only offer a refund and ASUS don't seem to do warranty themselves directly. Is there something else I should still consider before I send it back or any steps I can do to pinpoint the exact issue?

Thanks

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9-10850K
Motherboard: MSI Z490I Unify
RAM: Patriot Viper 4000Mhz CL19
PSU: Corsair SF750
SSDs: Samsung 970 + WD Blue SN550

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Since you have access to another 5700 XT, are you able to put the ASUS TUF 5700 XT into another system to test? If it works on that system versus yours, then you know it isn't the card but something with your setup. If it has the same issues within the other system, it points to the card and a refund from Amazon
D

Deleted member 2861715

tecmo34

Administrator
Since you have access to another 5700 XT, are you able to put the ASUS TUF 5700 XT into another system to test? If it works on that system versus yours, then you know it isn't the card but something with your setup. If it has the same issues within the other system, it points to the card and a refund from Amazon

Solution
D

Deleted member 2861715

I've only got 1 system that I can test the card in. The other 5700 XT (PowerColor Red Devil) runs flawlessly with the same drivers/setup.

But yes seems the card is at fault so I will go ahead with returning it. Thanks