Question Asus TUF A15 underperforming ?

May 29, 2022
I have an Asus TUF A15 FA506IU (4800h &1660TI). The cpu temps go as high as 95.6 on turbo mode and is not thermal throttling according to HWinfo. However my gpu is acting quite strange. It does not go above 90% core load, never, mostly being around 50-90%. Gpu temp does not go above 84 with hotspot being around 91.
I have the latest drivers and recently reinstalled win11. If I lower the graphics quality the fps remain mostly the same but the gpu usage goes down. I am trying to play Destiny 2. Setting priority to high/real time barely improves performance.
Furmark score is pretty normal (5039) on 1920x1080.
I am not sure if this might be a problem but I have a second monitor connected to the laptop(hdmi-144hz).

I have an Asus TUF A15 FA506IU (4800h &1660TI). The cpu temps go as high as 95.6 on turbo mode and is not thermal throttling according to HWinfo. However my gpu is acting quite strange. It does not go above 90% core load, never, mostly being around 50-90%. Gpu temp does not go above 84 with hotspot being around 91.
I have the latest drivers and recently reinstalled win11. If I lower the graphics quality the fps remain mostly the same but the gpu usage goes down. I am trying to play Destiny 2. Setting priority to high/real time barely improves performance.
Furmark score is pretty normal (5039) on 1920x1080.
I am not sure if this might be a problem but I have a second monitor connected to the laptop(hdmi-144hz).
have you set the preferred gpu to nvidia instead of radeon on graphics settings and nvidia control panel?

also dont forget to install the latest chipset driver from here.

May 29, 2022
have you set the preferred gpu to nvidia instead of radeon on graphics settings and nvidia control panel?

also dont forget to install the latest chipset driver from here.
Thank you for the quick reply. Just installed the latest chipset driver and there's no change.
The preferred gpu is already set to nvidia on graphics settings and PhysX is set to nvidia as well.
Edit: Also, power management mode(nvidia control panel) is set to maximum performance and texture quality is set to high performance.

May 29, 2022
The gpu doesn't seem to be thermal throttling judging by the temps. The cpu does seem to thermal throttle however the freq does not seem to drop that much(from 4.2 to 3.5 - base ) and it only drops for a few seconds.

if you meant it does not use 100% as you conclude it's "underperforming" then it is fine actually, the load always depends on the game and setting itself.. so i guess make a work on your temps and see if it changes anything? idk if 4000 series support it since its zen 2, usually after installing chipset driver there is amd balanced power plan, maybe try use that if available

May 29, 2022
So I have cleaned the fans, they were quite dusty and now with nothing else open(browser), cpu temps barely reach 90. So I am unsure why I only get 80-90fps when, from what I saw from others, I should be getting 140+ (on low settings)