[SOLVED] Asus TUF Gaming B650M-Plus Won't Post (Solid Orange Light)

BitFlip01001

Honorable
Jan 29, 2019
I know it's RAM- related issue, but I don't know what it is, and I don't have extra DDR5 kit to test if both sticks I have are faulty.

Things I've tried:
  • Reseated rams (Pushing down any further will probably break them)
  • Removed 1 stick and tried the other in all of the slots, except A1 because cooler is blocking the way (I didn't expect this to happen to install the cooler the other way)
  • Updated the BIOS just in case
  • Made sure ram is on QVL
  • Cleared CMOS by shorting the two pins for 10-15 seconds
  • Removed CMOS battery for a couple of hours and unplugged all the cables (24 pin, 8 pin, HDMI)
  • Shorted the two pins again just in case
Through all of the this, I'm not getting the ASUS logo or anything, just black screen. Any more suggestions?

EDIT:
  • Replaced CMOS battery with one from older AM4 system
  • Replaced power cord just in case
  • Plugging speaker gives me one long beep followed by two short ones
  • Removed the cooler and checked the pins just in case, but they look fine to me
Enbh9Xt.jpg

Last edited:
I know it's RAM- related issue, but I don't know what it is, and I don't have extra DDR5 kit to test if both sticks I have are faulty.

Things I've tried:
  • Reseated rams (Pushing down any further will probably break them)
  • Removed 1 stick and tried the other in all of the slots, except A1 because cooler is blocking the way (I didn't expect this to happen to install the cooler the other way)
  • Updated the BIOS just in case
  • Made sure ram is on QVL
  • Cleared CMOS by shorting the two pins for 10-15 seconds
  • Removed CMOS battery for a couple of hours and unplugged all the cables (24 pin, 8 pin, HDMI)
  • Shorted the two pins again just in case
Through all of the this, I'm not getting the ASUS logo or anything, just black screen. Any more suggestions?

EDIT:
  • Replaced CMOS battery with one from older AM4 system
  • Replaced power cord just in case
Which system (CPU, GPU, PSU etc.) ?
Which RAM and how many?
Check MB manual for positions of RAM sticks in MB. It's usually A2 for one stick and A2 and B2 for two.

BitFlip01001

Honorable
Jan 29, 2019
Which system (CPU, GPU, PSU etc.) ?
Which RAM and how many?
Check MB manual for positions of RAM sticks in MB. It's usually A2 for one stick and A2 and B2 for two.
Ryzen 5 7600, which has iGPU so no GPU needed for now. As for PSU and RAM, it's Cooler Master 750W MWE Gold+ and 2 x 8GB Crucial 4800Hz. And yeah, I've tried in all slots but nothing.

Last edited: