[SOLVED] ASUS Tuf Gaming X570 plus wifi Bluetooth not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultrarunner100

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Hi;
I am trying to set up Bluetooth on my new ASUS Tuf Gaming X570 Plus Wifi for the first time.
Bluetooth is enabled in BIOS, and it can be turned on in Windows 10 Pro (latest build) but when I click to add device, it searches, but never finds my devices.
On my Android 7.0 phone, when I scan for Bluetooth devices, it does not find the computer.

I have the WiFi antenna connected, and I have confirmed that WiFi is working.
I can also get my Bluetooth MAC address using ipconfig /all but it always shows media disconnected (I assume because it's not paired with any device).

I need to confirm that Bluetooth is working before I buy a pair of Bluetooth headphones.
I would also like to use Bluetooth to transfer files between my phone and computer.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Ultrarunner

Solution
I finally found the problem.
Three services:
Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service (disabled)
Bluetooth Support Service (disabled)
BluetoothUserService_3a884 (Manual)

After setting the first two services to Automatic and rebooting, BT is now working and I can pair with my Android phone.

ultrarunner100

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Thanks for your input guys;
I found that AMD had released new chipset drivers on 6/3/20, so I installed them and rebooted.
Still no Bluetooth connection with my phone or other device.
I'm beginning to think that my devices are not compatible with the computer.
One is my LG Fiesta 2 running Android 7.0. I have Bluetooth turned on, and it is paired with a media controller (Chubby Buttons) and works fine with it.
On the phone, the Chubby Buttons reports as a keyboard, so I thought perhaps it would do same for Windows.

After clicking Add a device / Bluetooth, I let it scan for several minutes but it did not find anything.

On the phone, I can see the Chubby Buttons, and several other devices which it cannot identify, so they report as "Misc" and cannot be paired. Other members of the family have Bluetooth devices, and this is probably what the phone is finding.

Of course, the obvious thing to do would be to borrow a pair of wireless headphones from a family member and test on my system. But I really don't want to mess with what others have set up.

I have an SDRPlay radio, but I don't think it's good all the way up to 2.5GHz, so it's not going to detect anything.

In the end, if I buy a pair of Bluetooth headphones, I will use them mostly with my phone, so if I cannot connect to the Windows PC, all is not lost.
If I cannot ever get the ASUS board to connect, I could just buy a USB to Bluetooth dongle.

ultrarunner100

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Downloaded and (tried to) install ASUS bt driver.
After extracting the archive, I ran AsusSetup.exe as admin.
The terminal window flashed momentarily, then closed. Nothing else happened.
I rebooted the system, but still no bt to the phone (or anything else)

ultrarunner100

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Update:
I can now say with 100% certainty that the BT problem is with Windows, and not my ASUS hardware.
I booted into Ubuntu 20.04 and turned on BT.
I was able to pair with my LG phone and can listen to music and calls on the Ubuntu PC.
I haven't tried file transfer yet, but at least I know that BT is functioning on the mobo.

Edit: Started a file transfer from Ubuntu PC to Android phone. Was getting extremely slow transfer rate (10KB/sec) so I cancelled it. Still saw the file in Downloads on the phone. But why so slow?
Edit2: Never mind. Found out why. BT not intended for file transfer. Use WiFi instead.

Edit3: was successful in pairing the Chubby Buttons media controller with Ubuntu. Can play/pause change volume. Nothing in Windows.

Last edited:
Reactions: GarrettL

ultrarunner100

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
I finally found the problem.
Three services:
Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service (disabled)
Bluetooth Support Service (disabled)
BluetoothUserService_3a884 (Manual)

After setting the first two services to Automatic and rebooting, BT is now working and I can pair with my Android phone.

Reactions: GarrettL
Solution

ultrarunner100

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
I would love to blame MS for failing to enable the services, but I can't do that. It is quite possible I disabled the BT services, thinking that I would never use them.
In reality, I don't expect to ever need to pair my Android phone with Windows 10 PC, since file transfer is excruciatingly slow compared to WiFi or USB, but I just wanted to be sure that if I buy a pair of BT headphones, that I could use them with Windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.