ASUS UEFI Bios - Wrong Resolution after Installing New GPU:

hgtx87

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
Hey All,

I'm currently using an ASUS P8-Z68 V LE motherboard and I recently had to replace my old 6850 card with a 560ti after the card still giving me artifacting, tearing, screen distortion errors. I've had the new card in the system and everything has been running fine for the past 10 or so hours now, but one thing bothers me--and I know, I know it's just an aesthestics issue that doesn't really do any harm but I still must inquire:

Previously, with my 6850--the Asus UEFI Bios start-up screen and interface matched my 1920x1080 resolution. After installing my new card, I noticed that the bios screen and interace is much smaller--looks to be around maybe 1280x768 or 800x600 (I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to this).

I'm not really sure why it's this way--I took a look at the manual and found nothing, and I'm thinking about just doing CMOS reset the next time I open it for cleaning/dusting (no need to rush, since it's not doing any harm). I'm just wondering if anyone had any idea why it was behaving this way.

hgtx87

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion, but I have the latest bios revision from ASUS; version 0805 that came out earlier this month. I'll try asking some other forums or maybe do a CMOS flash; not trying to bash on anyone in general but it seems like it's getting harder to get technical assistance on these forums (Tom's Hardware in general..not the mobo forums).

Hundreds of replies if you ask which brand/item to purpose, but I've had threads asking about bugs and glitches and they can go on for weeks without getting answered (note: if you're looking at my account, there's probably only been one other thread...but this is my second account since I seem to get errors logging on my primary with Chrome)...or if ever. Ironically enough, I've had better help from MMO-Champion of all places... o_O

Anyway, thanks for at least replying! :)