[SOLVED] ASUS UX534FTC-AS77 shuts down randomly during gaming

Jul 11, 2020
A few days ago, my new ASUS laptop arrived from amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0869JVMLY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). I ordered this laptop for two reasons— to be sustainable and powerful enough to last through four years of college, and to do some gaming on the side (csgo and valorant). While the laptop itself is fast and works great, there is one major flaw that I've found that completely ruins my purchase. After an hour or two of gaming, the computer gets very hot (85 degrees C for the processor and 75 degrees for the graphics card, according to Speccy), and will either go into hibernation mode or shut down entirely. Although I'm not sure whether or not this is a laptop defect with the order or if the laptop design itself is just not meant for extended periods of gaming, this is for sure a major problem and I'm considering getting a full refund for this product.

I'm making this post to ask you all if anyone else has had any problems similar to this (the laptop shutting itself down after an hour of gaming) and if it can be fixed within the laptop system itself. If this is just the fault of the laptop overheating, then I will most likely return it because it does not bode well for longevity to have it overheating now.
If it is an overheating problem, does anyone know of any other laptops with similar specs to this one that has enough fans to prevent overheating when playing games? While I'd be comfortable getting a gaming laptop, I would prefer a laptop that isn't overbearing on the eye so I can take it to class for notes.

Thank you all so much!

Solution
Ultra-thin sounds like it wouldn't have much room for air flowing through. What kind of surface are you gaming on? Is there aircon or fan running? I don't game on laptops but I know that even using programs that require a bit of a load from the CPU they can get pretty warm. Have you tried playing the game on lower settings at all? Check your processes to see if it being used too hard.
Jul 6, 2020
Ultra-thin sounds like it wouldn't have much room for air flowing through. What kind of surface are you gaming on? Is there aircon or fan running? I don't game on laptops but I know that even using programs that require a bit of a load from the CPU they can get pretty warm. Have you tried playing the game on lower settings at all? Check your processes to see if it being used too hard.

Solution