[SOLVED] Asus Vivobook Pro 16x M7600QC dead camera

Petar_5

Honorable
May 15, 2016
About 3 months ago I've bought Asus Vivobook Pro 16x M7600QC laptop and I'm having issues with my camera.

Camera is not recognized as a device in device manager and I think it's faulty.
I've tried reinstalling the drivers, restarting and trying to enable the camera but when I press Fn + F10 nothing happens and the LED indicator on the button doesn't blink.

Did anyone encounter any similar issues? I've called tech support and I'm still waiting on an email for like an hour and I might have to call again.
Also does anyone know any software that can virtualize Fn + F~something~ keys? It might be a faulty key and I wanna test it out.

Solution
What OS are you working with? Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? Cross reference that version with the version listed on Asus's support site, here.

Petar_5

Honorable
May 15, 2016
What OS are you working with? Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? Cross reference that version with the version listed on Asus's support site, here.

Hey Lutfij, thanks for the reply.
I've updated my drivers to version 308 and I'm running windows 10 64 bit but I guess I haven't updated chipset drivers. After doing that everything just magically worked again.

Thanks for the comment because it led me to do additional research and verification :)

TRENDING THREADS