[SOLVED] Asus vs Gigabyte

Solution
Performance was probably the wrong word, what I'm trying to say is there anything one motherboard might have the other wont ?
You're comparing boards in the same 'tier', so they're fairly comparable. There's slight differences, but nothing to write home about for most people.
ASUS are generally accepted to have a more user-friendly BIOS, if that matters to you.

It is a bit laughable that the Aorus board spec page touts "Quad-SLI" support. A bit doubtful anybody spending ~$600 on a motherboard is rocking 900 series cards (the last to support >2way SLI).... but that's not relevant here.

Ggaabbee55

Reputable
Dec 1, 2016
"better" performance in what metric?

They're fairly comparable boards.
The Aorus card is clocked higher so should perform slightly better out of the box, but GPU Boost will likely have them balance out similarly on the top end.
Performance was probably the wrong word, what I'm trying to say is there anything one motherboard might have the other wont ?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
You're comparing boards in the same 'tier', so they're fairly comparable. There's slight differences, but nothing to write home about for most people.
ASUS are generally accepted to have a more user-friendly BIOS, if that matters to you.

It is a bit laughable that the Aorus board spec page touts "Quad-SLI" support. A bit doubtful anybody spending ~$600 on a motherboard is rocking 900 series cards (the last to support >2way SLI).... but that's not relevant here.

Reactions: ocer9999
Solution

TRENDING THREADS