Asus Wants to be Another Apple; Has Killer Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
I don't get it, where does Apple come in here? A lot of companies are working on tablet PCs now, smartphones, metal or carbonfiber laptops, etc. Is Asus wanting to make their products look like Apple's?

xxicrimsonixx

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Sounds good to me... I have already gotten on the bandwagon. I have 3x ASUS monitors, an ASUS laptop, and an ASUS motherboard or two... I think that they will be great being the next "Apple" for the PC enthusiast.

applocalypse

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
They won't be able to stand against the coming Applocalypse.

Jonathan Ive is the first rider, and the iPod his white horse. He is the false prophet spreading music downloads to the masses like some kind of new religion. Many unsuspecting souls were baptized in the digital river of iTunes.

Jon Rubenstein is the second rider, and the Palm Pre his red horse. He spreads conflict and war with his coming, inciting the masses to fight for the iTunes they longed for. He is the trickster, wearing many faces and USB identifiers in his quest to sew hate among the unsync'd masses.

Steve Jobs is the third rider, the iPad his dark horse. He brings with him famine and drought, starving the masses of their multimedia sustenance and cheap books. His vision is singular in purpose, because people don't need to have multiple visions going at the same time anyway.

Who can predict the forth rider's identity, and what pale horse he will ride. Although it could be Steve Jobs, since he has been looking rather pale lately. But that rider will bring death to the computer world as we know it, the broken corpses of desktops and laptops crushed beneath the onslaught of handheld devices. The seals have been broken, the riders have unleashed their evil plans upon the world. Nothing can be done to stop what looms ahead.

The Applocalypse is upon us.........doom....Doom.....DOOM!!!!!

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
[citation][nom]applocalypse[/nom]They won't be able to stand against the coming Applocalypse. Jonathan Ive is the first rider, and the iPod his white horse. He is the false prophet spreading music downloads to the masses like some kind of new religion. Many unsuspecting souls were baptized in the digital river of iTunes. Jon Rubenstein is the second rider, and the Palm Pre his red horse. He spreads conflict and war with his coming, inciting the masses to fight for the iTunes they longed for. He is the trickster, wearing many faces and USB identifiers in his quest to sew hate among the unsync'd masses. Steve Jobs is the third rider, the iPad his dark horse. He brings with him famine and drought, starving the masses of their multimedia sustenance and cheap books. His vision is singular in purpose, because people don't need to have multiple visions going at the same time anyway. Who can predict the forth rider's identity, and what pale horse he will ride. Although it could be Steve Jobs, since he has been looking rather pale lately. But that rider will bring death to the computer world as we know it, the broken corpses of desktops and laptops crushed beneath the onslaught of handheld devices. The seals have been broken, the riders have unleashed their evil plans upon the world. Nothing can be done to stop what looms ahead. The Applocalypse is upon us.........doom....Doom.....DOOM!!!!![/citation]

And then, will have the second coming of http://linuxhub.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/android-logo.jpg

festerovic

Distinguished
[citation][nom]applocalypse[/nom]They won't be able to stand against the coming Applocalypse. Jonathan Ive is the first rider, and the iPod his white horse. He is the false prophet spreading music downloads to the masses like some kind of new religion. Many unsuspecting souls were baptized in the digital river of iTunes. Jon Rubenstein is the second rider, and the Palm Pre his red horse. He spreads conflict and war with his coming, inciting the masses to fight for the iTunes they longed for. He is the trickster, wearing many faces and USB identifiers in his quest to sew hate among the unsync'd masses. Steve Jobs is the third rider, the iPad his dark horse. He brings with him famine and drought, starving the masses of their multimedia sustenance and cheap books. His vision is singular in purpose, because people don't need to have multiple visions going at the same time anyway. Who can predict the forth rider's identity, and what pale horse he will ride. Although it could be Steve Jobs, since he has been looking rather pale lately. But that rider will bring death to the computer world as we know it, the broken corpses of desktops and laptops crushed beneath the onslaught of handheld devices. The seals have been broken, the riders have unleashed their evil plans upon the world. Nothing can be done to stop what looms ahead. The Applocalypse is upon us.........doom....Doom.....DOOM!!!!![/citation]

exceptional LOL

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
dear lord Applocalypse! That was amazing! Someone give this guy a job!

...and I love Asus products. I have an Asus laptop now that is awesome. I also plan on using mostly Asus products in my next build.

Asus ftw!

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
@applocalypse - excellent work good sir, +1 for you!

I generally like Asus, lately I've had some bad mobo experiences recently, getting 4 GB of Corsair's C6400 ram to pass memtest on my P5N32 premium was a bear (I blame the 590i chipset more than asus) and I had to RMA a P45 mobo as well a year ago. So I've switched to gigabyte for my more recent builds but I always keep an eye on Asus. Up until the last two incidents I have been very pleased with Asus products and I have been eyeballing an Eee ever since they came out "forever ago". I'll probably watch for the new tablet that'll deal with some of the T91's issues.

gekko668

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
I dont understand why company like Asus want to become like another "Apple" why couldn't Asus wants to become better than Apple?

Status
Not open for further replies.