Asus x470-i Not posting after BIOS Update

Feb 6, 2019
Ok, I needed to update my Bios so I used the Flash tool (I think that's how it called), used the Download option and everything finished as expected, download and install gave me the finished option, but when I pressed the last option the pc tried to reboot and it's still without posting.

I contacted Asus Support and they told me to reset the CMOS, reseat the CPU and RAM, pulled the battery out for two minutes with the 24 and 8 pins unplugged.
They just told me to send them the Motherboard for RMA, but I can't do that since in my country we don't have RMA service for Asus.

Still, no post from my motherboard already tried another CPU and RAM. I tried looking for an option at the official page and they send me to an Asus Rampage option.

I actually have:

• Asus Strix x470-I
    Ryzen 7 1700x
    Asus Strix Gtx 1080
    2X8GB Corsair Vengeance
    1tb Samsung 860 EVO
    H115i Corsair AIO Cooler
    750 EVGA G2 PSU
    Phanteks Shift x

I really hope a $200 motherboard has something like a flashback for the Bios, I really need help, I don't want to buy another one.

Feb 6, 2019

I'm still trying it, I had a 970 pro aura and had CrashFree Bios, I really don't think this motherboard it's an exception.

I'm downloading the latest BIOS and introducing the USB stick with both, zip and the CAP file but it,s not detecting anything.

Don't you know if its a specific USB port or i have to rename the CAP file, or if the HDMI goes to the MOBO or GPU.

Feb 6, 2019

As I said I can't send it back, it'll be almost the same price as the MOBO itself.

Jun 18, 2019
I did the exact same thing on the same board, with the exact same issue. 2600x, though. Turned out to be a faulty RAM stick. One of my two sticks was bad, and for some reason either of them wouldn't boot. I got the 'successful' message, rebooted and things never came back. No POST/video.

Saw the DRAM led light lit, so I pulled out both sticks (corsair vengeance 2666mhz variety, on the QVL too!). Put in a different brand of memory (8gb single Kingston), then the PC finally booted, then it continued to complete the BIOS update.

Put the old RAM back in, didn't boot. Pulled out one stick, and it worked. Moved the good stick over to the other slot, still worked. Replaced good stick with bad stick, didn't boot. Changed slot again, still wouldn't boot.

Likely that the update killed compatibility, and that I had a bad stick (before the update, it was set to 2666mhz, but ran only at 2133mhz - which is why I tried a BIOS update).

Now grabbing a G.Skill 3200mhz CL14 16gb set, really hoping that its not a dual slot issue!