Question ASUS x551ma NO DISPLAY/video output HELP!

grega9

Reputable
Jun 27, 2019
So my laptop recently "died" I changed the ssd and hard drive and the I had to apply changes in bios and that took me around 20 power on and off. The laptop worked fine. Then today I turn it on it woked but the next time I turn it on the laptop displaed black screen the hdd was spinning and the light was on. I tried to display on another monitor but it said no signal. I opened it up to get out the motherboard battery and ram put it back in and it still doesn't work. I think that ther is a problem with motherboard/cpu because I have integrated gpu. Can anyone help me find a problem I don't want to buy new motherboard what do you think if I put motherboard into oven for contacts. Or should I sell the laptop for parts ob ebay to get some money back because most of components still work (ssd,hdd,battery,display,..) Thanks for help

Specs:
Cpu: celeron n2830 I know its bad
Gpu: intel hd 4000
Ram: 4gb hynix ram
Drives: wd hdd/intel ssd
Laptop model: Asus x551MA

Lutfij

Titan
Don't throw computer components into an oven and expect it to solve an unknown issue. You're first approach to attack the problem would be to remove the battery and rams again, but this time, press and hold down the power button(while the laptop is disconnected from the wall). Then use an eraser to clean the gold contacts on the ram, wipe the contacts clean and then replace the rams.

Without the battery, connect to the wall outlet and then try to power up the laptop. Remove the HDD, and only work with the SSD, for now.

Also, are you on the latest BIOS update for your laptop?

grega9

Reputable
Jun 27, 2019
Hey thanks for help, I haven't updated the bios since I bought laptop but the thing is maybe the cmos battery is dead becauseI haven't used the laptop a lot and usually it lasts longer if the device is used more often. I found that the cmos battery can cause black screen(rarely). What do you think?

grega9

Reputable
Jun 27, 2019
None of thing listed worked for me I replaced the Cmos battery same thing do the "reset" as you adviced clean the ram with eraser etc. the laptop stil powers on but with black screen I'm kinda scared that the motherboard has some issue or the cpu is dead, cpu fan doesn't turn on. Write your opinion please.

TRENDING THREADS