Question Asus x570 wifi plus DRAM orange light on with no display

Jan 22, 2021
Specs now
Ryzen 7 5800x
Asus x570 wifi
G.skill ripjaws v 2x8 DDR4 3200
Did have a ryzen 5 2600 and used it to flash update my mobo to the latest version to be compatible w 5000 series.
Then I installed my new cpu and pc turns on but no display with orange light on DRAM.
Have tried reseating the sticks and even putting them in one at a time.
Then put in old cpu to try a different bios update to see if maybe the latest one was bugged.
Have tried a different set of ram sticks( Corsair vengeance rgb pro 2x8)
Can’t figure out what to do now and would really like my pc to work, ram works fine with other Cpu and updating bios doesn’t seem to help.

Did you remove the XMP profile before trying to boot with the new CPU?

Clear your CMOS and see if that fix the issue.
  • Shutdown system
  • Turn PSU switch off
  • Unplug from wall
  • Press power button and keep it pressed down for 15 seconds
  • Remove battery from the board and come back in 10 minutes
  • Put battery back
  • Plug in the wall
  • Flip PSU switch on
  • Start system

Jan 22, 2021
Yes I removed the xmp profile before switching cpu for the ram and then tried again with ram setting on D.O.C.P. Then switch the cpu to my new one again and went back to orange DRAM light.
I have also cleared my CMOS but nothing has changed and can’t get pc to post, I tried the removing battery method and the short jump one as well.

Jan 22, 2021
Did you remove the XMP profile before trying to boot with the new CPU?

Clear your CMOS and see if that fix the issue.
  • Shutdown system
  • Turn PSU switch off
  • Unplug from wall
  • Press power button and keep it pressed down for 15 seconds
  • Remove battery from the board and come back in 10 minutes
  • Put battery back
  • Plug in the wall
  • Flip PSU switch on
  • Start system
Could my Cpu be dead since the mobo works for my old cpu and everything runs fine until I put in the new 5800x? I’m just confused because the DRAM light is on, could the Cpu be causing this?

Seems to be 2 pins that are bent inward on one side of the cpu, I guess this is what is causing the problems and I should return/replace it?

I never actually fixed bent pins but I know it's a very delicate job. You can do a search on youtube for "How to fix CPU bent pin" and you will see that you have 1 chance at fixing them because you move them too much and they break.

I'm sorry I don't know what you can do except trying to fix those bent pins or RMA the CPU (If you can because of that?)