Question Asus X99 Deluxe Board with Unusually High Temp in "Corsair LINK" ?

Speedhands

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2014
I can't find any information anywhere online. I don't know if this is a part of the motherboard overheating, giving a false reading, or what. Does anyone know the locations of these temp sensors? My GPU / CPU are completely fine. I just noticed this today. I opened up my case and cleaned everything out just to be sure it wasn't a random dust bunny. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Asus X99 Deluxe Board, i7 5960x , Geforce 1080, 32 GB DDR4 3200 ram, Corsair H100i liquid cooler, Corsair 1000w power supply.

UPDATE: My CPU is running around 43-47 C. It used to run between 38-41 C . It's not under load, just Idle. Could this be a sign of Thermal paste starting to go? Bad H100i cooler? It has been 6 years of use.

View: https://imgur.com/7rhXTna

Last edited:
Likely a false reading, software can give odd numbers on occasion. I would try something like HWinfo64 and read through the sensor settings for a second opinion. I have the same X99 Deluxe motherboard with a 5820k still in service, and used it previously with a Corsair PSU, but did not use Corsair Link.

Speedhands

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2014
Likely a false reading, software can give odd numbers on occasion. I would try something like HWinfo64 and read through the sensor settings for a second opinion. I have the same X99 Deluxe motherboard with a 5820k still in service, and used it previously with a Corsair PSU, but did not use Corsair Link.

I ran HWinfo64 and got this for sensor readings. Also upon turning on my computer after a 8 hour rest , Corsair Link instantly said Temp 7 was 99 degrees Celsius. I found a thread from a few years ago and and someone said "Temp 7 was ether a false reading or VRM and not to worry about it."

View: https://imgur.com/urbFlEn

Likely a false reading as others have mentioned. I'm away from where the X99 Deluxe system for a few days, otherwise I'd verify with same software to compare readings. If it was accurate, you most likely would have noticed issues over time being temp related.