ASUS X99 Pro 3.1 Error Code 53 On Setup

ethereum01

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017
I have been trying over and over with no luck to get my system setup. I keep getting error code 53. I replace my ram once and still getting the same code. I have tried placing one ram stick only in each slot and that didnt work. I have had the system for 3 mos and not been able to use it. Any help greatly appreciated.

ASUS X99 Pro Motherboard
Intel 6800 i7 cpu
Aegis G Skill DDR4 16GB (2x8) Ram
Corsair 650M PSU
GeForce GTX 980ti GPU (EVGA)
Samsung 250GB SSD EVO
2TB Hard Drive
Liquid Cooled Corsair H105

Solution
Remove all power, drop down to one stick in required slot (check your manual), ensure GPU external power PCI-e is connected to PSU, and reset CMOS (or remove CMOS battery, reinstall)

Remove all SATA connections, power to SATA drives/DVD, etc., you only need PWR switch, 4 pin CPU pwr connected to mainboard...

Make sure pump/liquid cooling attached to correct header(s)...

Reapply power, and see if you can even get a POST in that very basic configuration....

ethereum01

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017

The pins are all good. The MOBO was tested prior to purchase by Microcenter and it is ok. As far as a bios error, how would I go about reflashing it on a programmer? If you search for "error 53 Asus X99 Pro" there are several results but none that I found that have clear answers or solutions.

How do I reflash it? Also, how can I update the bios if I am not getting any video? I tried hooking it up using the hdmi and I don't get any signal at the monitor. Am I doing something wrong for the initial setup? There are no vga ports. Only hdmi and displayport and my monitor does not support displayport...

Thanks

romirez

Distinguished
53 Code holding mobo near memory, so will be no signal on display.
If you sure that your Ram Sticks are full compatible (check QVL), it is recommended to reflash bios chip (search for USB programmer) or buy new bios chip with ready bios for your model of mobo ...or RMA.

Remove all power, drop down to one stick in required slot (check your manual), ensure GPU external power PCI-e is connected to PSU, and reset CMOS (or remove CMOS battery, reinstall)

Remove all SATA connections, power to SATA drives/DVD, etc., you only need PWR switch, 4 pin CPU pwr connected to mainboard...

Make sure pump/liquid cooling attached to correct header(s)...

Reapply power, and see if you can even get a POST in that very basic configuration....

Solution