Asus Z170-A USB Flashback card

eyal20122013

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2013
Hi,
I have Asus Z170-A motherboard. My previous build included an Asus P8H67-M Pro, which was good until one day I could see the bios screen or anything from the screen (not GPU on-board card, nor external GPU card). I believe the problem was that the bios got screwed somehow and I could do nothing. I had no choice but to buy a new build, which is the Asus Z170-A. This time, I want to have a solution in case something like that happens in the future. I found in the manual that this MB has something called "Flashback Header" (page 45), which I believe is supposed to let you insert an external flash holding a copy of the bios in case the bios gets screwed.

Anyone has any idea where can I buy this flashback card and how should I use it ?

Solution
Hi, I haven't been able to find one (not even on ASUS e-store). You can try contacting ASUS and see if they have released the add-on cards.
However, another option (if/when needed) would be ordering a BIOS chip on ebay and replacing the board;s one.
Hi, I haven't been able to find one (not even on ASUS e-store). You can try contacting ASUS and see if they have released the add-on cards.
However, another option (if/when needed) would be ordering a BIOS chip on ebay and replacing the board;s one.

Solution