ASUS Z370 E Orange light O Kent power on

Apr 21, 2018
Hello. I was working on a new PC build. I finished all the connections and went to turn the computer. Once plugged n, the RGB lighting in the motherboard went on, but the computer will not power on.

At first I thought I had connected the front panel connections wrong, but still nothing. There is an orange light on the right that goes on. Could this be a RAM error?

Thanks

Solution

The power needs to be on. You are completing the circuit when you touch the pins with the screwdriver. Just be careful you only touch the 2 pins and nothing else on the motherboard, since the power is live.

Apr 21, 2018
Thanks for the reply. It’s the power LED. Account riding to the manual it means the board is getting power. I tried switching the RAM with one of my brothers sticks, as well as clearing the CMOS battery. Still will not boot

1. Can you describe what is happening when you try to boot? Does it appear to be working but just no video? Do the fans spin?
2. Can you list the parts you are using? CPU, PSU, GPU, RAM or any add-ons you have connected.

Apr 21, 2018

The The Power LED. According the manual it means the board is getting power. I tried switching the RAM and removing the CMOS battery, but it still will not boot up.

Apr 21, 2018

Once the power is plugged in, lights on the board go up, but when I hit the power button nothing happens. Fans don’t spin, and it doesn’t even sound like it starts.

Currently running an i7 8700k, G Skill Trident DDR 4 RAM (2 x 8 GB), EVGA 750 W PSU, and Samsung Evo 860 500 GB M2 SSD. I have a GTX 970, which is not connected at the moments

Are you sure the power button on your case is plugged correctly into the System panel connectors of the motherboard? You can also try starting the computer by shorting the PWR_SW pins with a screwdriver.

The power needs to be on. You are completing the circuit when you touch the pins with the screwdriver. Just be careful you only touch the 2 pins and nothing else on the motherboard, since the power is live.

Solution
Apr 21, 2018
Thanks for the help, and sorry for the late response. I tried that, and also took the CPU out, and after it powered on just fine. I think I also had the CPU placed somewhat wrong. Thanks again for the help.