Question Asus Z690-a d4 ram help.. any input appreciated

elkido122

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2014
Just got this motherboard and trying to decide which ddr4 to go with. I have seen some of the completed builds and some people are going with corsair some with gskill. My main concern is some saying it wasn't working with there kit of ram with xmp 3600, which I found somewhat strange, I do know there's been a few bios updates 11/17 most current. Does anyone have this board running xmp 3600 ram ( gskill or corsair ) if so which kit, if not can anyone suggest one that will most likely work at xmp 3600 2x16gb. Thanks sorry for long post..

That configuration should have no problem running 3600mhz DIMMs. Hell, the native speed is already supported at 3200mhz so 3600mhz is barely even two notches up from that. Just make sure you buy something that is either on the motherboard QVL list or is listed as compatible by the memory manufacturer for that specific motherboard. I recommend going with G.Skill or Corsair, as both companies offer nearly bulletproof memory compatibility lists (G.Skill memory configurator and Corsair memory finder) so you can be certain that it's a validated kit for that board.

TRENDING THREADS