Question ASUS Z690-A Gaming D4, DRAM led on. If reset, CPU led is on

Jun 5, 2022
CPU: Intel i7-12700K
Mobo: ASUS Z690-A Gaming D4
RAM: Corsair Dominator 4x8GB 3600MHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm
GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 OC
PSU: Corsair RM850x Gold plus

I have worked this PC for some months now and everything was fine and run well.
At some point I shook my desk a bit and the PC shut down. At first I thought my power cable wasn't connected perfectly on the PSU, and it might have lost some contact.

When I tried to start it up again, it wouldn't boot and the DRAM led on the motherboard would light up, which indicates that something about RAM is up. However I have tried every stick in every slot of the motherboard and also tried two of them in another PC build and it was all good. Booted normally, recognized both of them. So, maybe something is wrong with the motherboard and the DRAM slots.

But I had also noticed that the first time I power on the computer, the DRAM led lights up. If I try to reset the computer though, the CPU led stays on instead. I also removed the cooler, reseated the CPU, the cooler, still nothing, same behaviour. I have tried removing everything from the case in case of a short due to it, but still the same.
After I reset the pc and the CPU lights up, trying to reset it again it doesn't work, but the CPU led turns off for a second and then lights up again. Resetting again the same happens, but trying to for a third time it does not flick, nothing happens. Then, after a while, the computer resets again, and now the DRAM led is on. If I reset again, CPU led lights up. And so forth.

Since the RAM sticks worked fine in another build, and this reset thing, the fault here is probably not of the DRAM, but on the CPU or the motherboard itself. However I have no other motherboard with an LGA 1700 socket nor another intel 12th gen processor, so I cannot know whether it is the CPU or the motherboard. And I definitely don't want to get something new just to conclude that the fault is on the other component. Or not of both at all if this could be the case.

Any thoughts on what might be the issue here? I cannot think of anything else I did, so please ask further if you need anything else or did not understand something!
If nothing works out, I was thinking of taking my stuff to a computer store and ask if we could test my CPU on another motherboard, and my motherboard with another CPU, as it would possibly give an insight of what is at fault.

Jun 5, 2022
Thank you for answering and the welcoming!
I believe the BIOS version I currently have is version 1404, I had installed it a few weeks before. I see now that a new one for my motherboard has been released on June 2nd. But my computer does not even boot at BIOS, sorry forgot mentioning that.