ASUS Z97 EATX12V socket question

The Orig Ralph

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
1st, i should probably alert you, i'm a 65 yr old fart that is electronically illiterate, attempting a DIY computer build

i've got an ASUS Z97M-Plus MB, and have gone through the manual but the issue is basically i'm still new at this (this is my first build).

I'm using a Seasonic SSP-450RT PSU, a totally non-modular psu.

In going thru the asus manual, when i come to the EATX12V socket (image of asus manual page below)
Z97MANUALPG34_zpsc5c1479c.jpg

and below is the actual socket

z97socket_zps4b9cf8ad.jpg

the confusion comes from the fact that i've got two plugs on the seasonic harness that could and do fit into that socket.
one is a 6+2 plug, marked as "PCI-E" - below is the schematic from seasonic on this harness plug

PCI-Eharness_zps264e1711.jpg

and here is a pix of that 6+2 "PCI-E" plug

PCI-EPLUG_zpsb68b1cad.jpg

the second plug on the seasonic harness is a split or double four pin plug, schematic below

NONPCI-Eharness_zpsb5aba975.jpg

and a picture

IMAGENONPCI-3PLUGS_zps95906395.jpg

The seasonic came without any kind of a manual (in fact came in a plastic bag, period, no box etc) fm Newegg, i had to dig those schematics up on their website.

my question is, which harness plug should i use in that socket - it's the only one i'm not certain of, and both actually fit into the socket and latch in securely. I suspect both would work, but if that's the case, which would be the better choice?

thanks for your patience in reading this "fred flintstone" presentation -

Solution
The split double 4, the 6+2 PCI-E is for PCI-E graphics cards that take either a a 6 pin or 8 pin power input play, on your 4+4 you put them side by side w/ the outer clips together then insert so those slip over the protrusion on the outer edge of the 8 pin socket (towards the side of the mobo

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
The split double 4, the 6+2 PCI-E is for PCI-E graphics cards that take either a a 6 pin or 8 pin power input play, on your 4+4 you put them side by side w/ the outer clips together then insert so those slip over the protrusion on the outer edge of the 8 pin socket (towards the side of the mobo

Solution