Question Asus Zenbook 14 UM431D Motherboard Schematic

Aug 24, 2023
Hi all,

I have a Asus Zenbook 14 UM431D which has no power and I think from what I have researched it may be a short on the motherboard causing the issue. I seem to be unable to find the motherboard schematic for this model anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas of how I might get a copy of this please?

Ralston18

Titan
I am not optimistic that a schematic would be publicly available.

At one time such schematics were available to those expected to repair motherboards. Unfortunately it is now less costly to replace than repair. For any number of reasons.

Update your post to provide more information about what you researched and found.

Provide links as applicable.

Also include whatever testing has been done and the results.

E.g., battery swap, charger swap, etc..

Someone may be able to provide additional ideas and suggestions thereafter.

Apr 25, 2024

At one time such schematics were available to those expected to repair motherboards. Unfortunately it is now less costly to replace than repair. For any number of reasons.

Update your post to provide more information about what you researched and found.

I tend to disagree with what you just said about replacing is cheaper than repairing it's not hard to learn how to repair a motherboard online and to get the tools you need very cheap you don't have to have the best tools thermal camera you can get it for $100 soldering station you can get for $60 and the knowledge is Limitless on the internet

Ralston18

Titan
Fair enough.

However, I have learned that discounted tools, parts, and internet knowledge are all things to be cautious about.

Very much in favor of DIY whenever possible. For me that is becoming more and more problematic for a number of reasons.

And if attempts to repair a balky and expendable motherboard go astray. Likely "no harm no foul". Category = learning experience. :)

With regards to further discussions and questions regarding motherboard repair vs. replacement I will defer to others chosing to post additional comments and suggestions.