ATI or Nvidia for custom resolutions?

stim

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
I was looking at getting either a x850XT PE or 7600GT video card.

I have my computer hooked up to a TV that I use as a monitor. In order to get the picture to properly fill the screen with 1:1 pixel mapping, I had to set up a custom resolution in powerstrip (following instructions from the AVS forums).

I guess that for my TV to recognize the signal and properly fill the screen, the video card needs to output at 59.94Hz. From what I understand, some of the nvidia cards will round up to 60Hz -- even if you have powerstrip set to 59.94Hz. Do you guys know if the 7600GT will output at 59.94Hz using powerstrip?

From what I've read on here, it seems like the 7600GT is the better video card out of the two, but this is something that is pretty important to me, so I will settle for the x850 if it will work better with my TV.

From what I've read on here, it seems like the 7600GT is the better video card out of the two, but this is something that is pretty important to me, so I will settle for the x850 if it will work better with my TV.

Why are you using an analogue TV-CRT for a display?

There are options, but really, you're never going to get a perfect fit without sacrificing in order to do it, and in order to know exactly what to sacrifice, what are you doing (apps) with the setup?

It is a Sony KDF-E42A10 HD RP-LCD TV.

So then why do you care about offset scan when you have proper PC input on a progressive digital TV?

It's LCD, therefore, not interlaced 1280x720 is the resolution you want and 60hz is the setting you want.

SD and HD refresh @ 59.94, and the TV synchs it to 60hz with linear interpolation, but digital is in synch throughout, no conversion needed.

If you had a 1080i TV (primarily CRT based solutions), then it'd be an issue, in your case it's not.