ATI Radeon™ HD 4200 Graphics

G

Hello, the dvi connector on this video card does not have the 4 pins around the blade input on one side of the connector. what kind of adapter do I need to connect to a vga monitor

It's not a video card, it's integrated video. If the video output is dvi and you have a vga monitor then you need a dvi-vga adaptor.

can't do that with the IGP as those 4 pins that are missing are the analog signal pins (which are necessary for analog to work) and means it is a DVI-D port not DVI-I

if the board doesn't have a VGA port you are more than likely SOL unless you buy a discrete video card

I am kinda doubting it wouldn't have VGA and DVI. DVI has just recently started to be added as a output on mobos as standard and most people are still used to VGA so I doubt any of the companies would stray away from that yet.

I mean look how long it has taken USB to finally kill of PS/2. Hell I still have customers that want PS/2.......

^I was looking at the AMD IGP mobos at work but our network was being slow. Go figure when you have 10-20 PCs running Windows updates.

The HD4200 (if thats the exact GPU) is the 785G chipset. I compared every 785G chipset mobo on Newegg that I could find and every last one had D-Sub (VGA) and DVI-I except one that had only D-Sub. Most also had HDMI.

From the lowest end JetAway to the top of the line Asus. Even the 890GX setup sports D-Sub and DVI-I.