ATI Radeon HD 4770 In CrossFire: Unbeatable At $220

Status
Not open for further replies.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
Working on getting the drop-down or ToC on every page. Sometimes things are changed without advanced notice. Trying to get a solution for you guys!

crisisavatar

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
[citation][nom]curryj02[/nom]BRING BACK THE DROP DOWN MENU FOR NAVIGATION!! ARGHHHH!![/citation]
Seriously, is a hassle to browse without it.

Summer Leigh Castle

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Great article. Just for kicks, how do the xfires of the 4830 and 4850 compare to the xfire 4770?

How about a dual column menu table? My mobile browser doesn't like to work with drop-down menus. I know, just nick picking like everyone else. :D

mrubermonkey

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
I have already mentioned the drop down issue, but I am mentioning it again for emphasis. Consider Bert Lance's saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." By the way, nice article.

xbsoft

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
The other day I was trying to prove to my brother that 2 ATI 4770's would outperform anything in its price range and my brother didn't agree with that... lol I can't wait to show him the article.

Unfortunately, he already bought a 4850 card which he should be okay for now, I guess.

Anyways, great article. I really enjoyed it. :)
Thanks!

quickwind

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Hmmm I wonder how three of these would scale together. Nice article as well, very interesting how this compares to the other cards

xbsoft

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
The other day I was trying to prove to my brother that 2 ATI 4770's would outperform anything in its price range and my brother didn't agree with that... lol I can't wait to show him the article.

Unfortunately, he already bought a 4850 card which he should be okay with it for now, I guess.

Anyways, great article. I really enjoyed it. :)
Thanks!

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Very interesting article.

Makes me regret getting a 4670...
At this price, makes me regret being jobless. ;)

Well, if I do finally get employed soon, ATi has my money thanks to you.

How do these cards react in a tri/quad crossfire environment? Are there even the proper drivers for that yet?
=D

Verrin

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
@ Denibgirde665:

Unless you're on a super strict budget, it's not hard to afford a multi-PCI-Ex16 board. I see deals all over where, you can pay an extra 10-30 bucks and get dual-card compatibility. This technology isn't limited to the super-rich anymore. And as this article proves, sometimes it more affordable to go with a dual-card solution.

hazobi

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
i myself own the hd4850 card. its amazing to see that this card can perform so well. So my question is, can the 4850 crossfire with 4770? it seems that they have the same architecture so is it possible to crossfire this two?

resonance451

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]"there’s really no reason to buy a single 4890, unless you lack CrossFire compatibility. And you shouldn’t be lacking CrossFire unless you own a motherboard with Nvidia core logic (in which case, you’re probably already running a GeForce card of some sort, too)." EPIC WRONG !!!!! I m an avid gamer i own a mainbaord that ONLY has one pci-e 16x slot it is not an nivida chip main board either but an amd based solution. unless you were applying your coment to the rich only, you fail epicly at this comment[/citation]

You are an avid gamer yet were enough of a moron to purchase a motherboard with only one pci-e 16x slot. Given that two of these cards cost ~ $220, it's not a stretch of the imagination to think you'd have $100 to spend on a motherboard. And that's not just on any motherboard. That's on a brand spanking new P45 chipset mobo from a reputable company with all the Core 2 bells and whistles. However, if you want to keep your AMD based "solution" (fucking jargon makes me want to RAGE), I peeked on Newegg and found a 790X mobo for $89.99 that has two PCI Express 2.0 slots on it and supports the new AM2+ processors. You're telling me that $89.99 is a lot of money? I build computers with video cards that cost more than 15 times that, and to get these new cards WITH the ability to upgrade significantly, you'd be spending a total of $320. If that's far too much for you to be spending on computer parts, you shouldn't be whining about dual-card "solutions".

Learn to spell, learn to think logically, learn to investigate thoroughly, and think next time before you decide to post your garbage here. It makes you look really stupid to criticize an article when you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.