[SOLVED] Attempted Revived PC Won't Stay On

KroolYouTube

Honorable
Jul 26, 2016
Hey guys!

I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what the problem is with both of these PC's.

My girlfriend has an older green PC that one of her ex's had built for her years ago. It's severely outdated but it worked enough to play one or two games that we would play together. After finding out she hasn't dusted it out or anything in years I did it myself. After coming back inside from cleaning it out (it was REALLY bad) the PC would turn on without an issue, but it would not boot or show any display. I would sometimes hear one long beep and two short ones. Other times, I would hear three long beeps. After researching this, it shows that MSI boards use these codes to tell you that your RAM or RAM sockets are more than likely at fault.

After testing one RAM stick in each slot and coming up with the same results, I concluded that more than likely the RAM or RAM slots had went bad. So, I pulled out another PC that was sitting in our closet which was white. I tested this PC to make sure it even turned on and it did, just no boot but no beep codes. Her sister said that they believed the GPU had went bad and that's why they don't use it anymore. Anyways, I decided that since this PC didn't give any beep codes, I would probably have a better shot at reviving this one. I took out the PSU, GPU, and CPU from the green PC mentioned earlier and transferred it into the white one. But something new happened. Now when I turn on the white PC, the power on button flashes for probably less than half a second and instantly turns off again. In order to attempt to turn it back on, I have to wait a minute and reset the PSU. This happens every single time.

My girlfriend and I are huge on gaming, and it's one of the most important ways we bond together. In fact we actually met on a MOBA called Smite last year. I would love to know if you guys know of any tricks to get either one of these PC's turned back on!

Solution
You want to learn? Great.
Here's a starting list for things, that must be checked:

Get those PCs to a service center.
Since your only knowledge about those computers is one is green and other is white (color is zero significance btw),
it doesn't seem you could fix any of them on your own.
Sorry for sounding harsh, but you're certainly not a qualified computer technician.

KroolYouTube

Honorable
Jul 26, 2016
I don't think anyone, including myself claimed to be a professional. I even stated I did research (not using my own knowledge) to look up what the motherboard was trying to tell me via beep codes. Oh, and I figured that posting on an online forum for some help would kind of show I'm not some know it all IT technician.

I didn't know you had to be a qualified computer technician to learn from people online based on possible mistakes and seeking solutions. What are you trying to gatekeep?

You want to learn? Great.
Here's a starting list for things, that must be checked:

Solution