Audi Amp Question

Goody

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2004

Hi, I was looking at a site about building a Jamma adapter for Crystal
Castles. The site says that a 12 volt audio amp is needed. Looking at
Ebay I see Atari sound boards but they seem to need a pot added on to
adjust the volume. Looking at sites such as Arcadeshop I see Jamma
adapters with built in amps on the board. Does anyone know if a plain
jamma fingerboard with a built in amp is sold anywhere? I have also
looked online at surplus and hobby electronics sites and find 12 volt
amps easily available at low prices but I dont know how many watts to
go for. Does any one know how many watts are sufficient?
Thanks for any help any one can give me. Rob

Goody <rob_goody@yahoo.com> wrote:
: Hi, I was looking at a site about building a Jamma adapter for Crystal
: Castles. The site says that a 12 volt audio amp is needed. Looking at
: Ebay I see Atari sound boards but they seem to need a pot added on to
: adjust the volume. Looking at sites such as Arcadeshop I see Jamma
: adapters with built in amps on the board. Does anyone know if a plain
: jamma fingerboard with a built in amp is sold anywhere? I have also
: looked online at surplus and hobby electronics sites and find 12 volt
: amps easily available at low prices but I dont know how many watts to
: go for. Does any one know how many watts are sufficient?
: Thanks for any help any one can give me. Rob

I guess you don't read the NGs very often...

I sell all kinds of fingerboards, including ones with amps.
http://www-mtl.mit.edu/~mspaeth/pics/Fingers.jpg

Bottom right is the amp'ed kind, unpopulated.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu