Question Audio crackling/popping

Dec 28, 2020
Hello, I've been having audio crackling/popping on my headphones and I don't know how to fix it. Most of the time when I pause a video or press the windows sound button and exit the audio will pop. When I adjust the volume on a video there's almost this static/crackling noise that can be heard, so far i've tried:

• Going into speaker settings and disabling exclusive mode & the sound effects
  • Changing the audio format from 24 bit 48k hz all the way down to 16 bit cd quality
  • Updating my audio drivers, I had a older driver and updated to a new one. Had same problem on both drivers. I use Realtek high definition audio.
  • Switching to another set of headphones
  • Using audio jack in the back and front of computer
My headphones are Beyerdynamic MMX 300 V2

My system is
CPU: i7-5820k 3.3 ghz
PSU: Cooler Master G750M, 750w
Motherboard: Asus X99-A
Graphics card: GTX 1070 OC
RAM: HyperX Predator DDR4 16 GB

I don't know what else to try, I'd really appreciate some ideas.

Last edited:

maz3nugget

Reputable
Jan 4, 2020
Hello, I was just having this issue about 10 minutes ago after using realtek for the first time. The fix, assuming you still have the problem is pretty simple but it might not work for you.
  1. Open up realtek audio console in the windows search bar.
  2. go to the bottom left corner and click on Device advanced settings.
  3. make sure you have these settings.
Disable front panel popup dialog, OFF
Enable Jack detection when device is plugged in, ON
Make sure that the green port has headphones under it and the pink says mic in.
At the bottom of the page under playback device, You want to select, Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously.
At the bottom of the page under Recording device, You want to select, Separate all input jacks as independent input devices.

This is what fixed it for me but it might not for you. And every time you restart your pc you might have to set these to your settings again.