Question Audio issues

Jun 14, 2020
So my PC has a mic jack and a speaker jack (no headset jack) so when I plug my earphone (with mic) into any of the ports, I can either speak only or listen only. When I tried to use a y-splitter audio cable, the output sound could be heard but the mic only emitted buzzing/screeching sounds and my voice could not be recorded. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

hang-the-9

Titan
First make sure this cable you got is actually a 4 pole to dual 3 pole adapter and not just a splitter. If it is, then try a different brand and make sure everything is plugged in properly. Test it with another computer also. What computer do you have exactly and the motherboard brand and model? I don't think I have seen a system without a headphone output in many years.

Jun 14, 2020
Yes I have checked it is a 4 pole to a dual 3 pole adapter. I’m using the MSI B450M VDH Pro Max. I tried both the front panel (case is tecware nexus evo) and the back panel and both have the same issue. Will test it out with a different brand although I’m not sure which android brand of earphones to test with. Thank you

hang-the-9

Titan
Yes I have checked it is a 4 pole to a dual 3 pole adapter. I’m using the MSI B450M VDH Pro Max. I tried both the front panel (case is tecware nexus evo) and the back panel and both have the same issue. Will test it out with a different brand although I’m not sure which android brand of earphones to test with. Thank you
I meant a different adapter cable not a different headphone, although that is a good idea also if you have other sets to try. The line out on that motherboard is for both speakers and headphones, it's not really a speaker jack, I thought you had something actually labeled for speakers.

hang-the-9

Titan
As in the front panel (the case one) labels it as speaker. So should I try to plug my Apple headphones into the back panel and if so which colour jack should I plug it into.
Green is normally audio out. But you did not specify you were using Apple earbuds, those are wired differently than standard ones so you will need a specific adapter to split those into audio and mic. I don't think I ran across an available adapter for those that can easily be found. Do a web search see if you can find something. I think the ground is moved to a different location on apple wired earbuds.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2020
Manage to solve the problem by using another wired earphone from skull candy. Found out that the issue was the adapter I bought was not compatible to the Apple wired earphones

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS