[SOLVED] Audio jacks do not work on computer

Jacob_121

Reputable
Oct 4, 2016
Hello, I just finished doing an install of new PC. Everything works great so far except there is no sound jacks that work? The output on the back of PC and the two on front of PC do not produce any sound. I checked my BIOS and the on board sound was enabled. I am at a loss. I do not know why this is happening! Any ideas?

Here are the componets:

https://valid.x86.fr/5xq2t5

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Solution
If your headphones aren't the issue, the first thing to do is to take a look at your approved audio devices to see if your headphones are being rejected by your system. Head to your Control Panel, and click Hardware and Sound > Sound. Then click Manage Audio Devices.

If the headphones icon is shown, simply set the option as your default sound option. If the icon is missing, it may be a sign that your computer is missing drivers or that your headphones are out of order.

If it's simply an issue of missing drivers, you can try to rectify this by checking for updates through Windows settings. This will help identify any missing drivers that need installation. Or you could try installing the drivers manually from here...
Nov 8, 2019
If your headphones aren't the issue, the first thing to do is to take a look at your approved audio devices to see if your headphones are being rejected by your system. Head to your Control Panel, and click Hardware and Sound > Sound. Then click Manage Audio Devices.

If the headphones icon is shown, simply set the option as your default sound option. If the icon is missing, it may be a sign that your computer is missing drivers or that your headphones are out of order.

If it's simply an issue of missing drivers, you can try to rectify this by checking for updates through Windows settings. This will help identify any missing drivers that need installation. Or you could try installing the drivers manually from here: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Pro4/#Download

Reactions: Rdslw
Solution
If it's simply an issue of missing drivers, you can try to rectify this by checking for updates through Windows settings. This will help identify any missing drivers that need installation. Or you could try installing the drivers manually from here: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Pro4/#Download
I've seen windows reinstall drivers from WORKING ones to broken ones. I've seen it on 3 different platforms already (3,4'th gen intel laptop and ryzen 2400u laptop)
IF that's REALTECK under windows, then sound drivers is first to check.

You've already checked BIOS to ensure the on-board audio is enabled. So assuming you've also loaded up the drivers as previously noted you may need to make sure Windows is using the on-board audio chip as opposed to the audio output through HDMI from your GPU:

Type Sound Settings in Cortana search box.

In the dialogue that opens, at top, choose Speakers (Realtek Audio) and listen for sounds through headphones plugged into the audio jacks now.

Jacob_121

Reputable
Oct 4, 2016
When I plug the headphones in or my speakers thet so not show up anywhere. In other words under the audio devices it just shows my monitor... And the Nvidia hd audio.

Nov 8, 2019
When I plug the headphones in or my speakers thet so not show up anywhere. In other words under the audio devices it just shows my monitor... And the Nvidia hd audio.

Follow this link: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Pro4/#Download

It should take you to the drivers of your motherboard. At the top, choose your operating system. Whether it is Windows 10 64bit or 32bit or whatever. And then you should see the second option in the list as Realtek high definition audio driver. Download and install it. Everything should be working then after restarting your computer. Hope this helps.

Nov 8, 2019
From what I know, the only cable for audio you should have connected is the one for the front panel jacks and the jacks at the back are built into the motherboard. And do your headphones show up in your devices list? Open up file explorer and in type the following directory to view the list: Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers

Jacob_121

Reputable
Oct 4, 2016
anything that is related to aux jack is not found - so wired headphones, speakers, subwolfer... etc. My wireless headset works fine on front panel though and other usb devices work on rear.

Nov 8, 2019
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I can only suggest one more thing. When you open the Control Panel, navigate to System and Security, then to System and on the left, you should see Advanced System Settings. When you click on it, a new window will show up. Click on the tab which says Hardware and click on Device Installation Settings. Make sure it is set to Yes. Have you tried installing the software for the dedicated devices? Or what else have you tried?