[SOLVED] Audio not working on newly built PC.

brodyblum13

Commendable
Jan 16, 2021
The title explain most of my problem, my audio jack won't work. I just built this PC and its the first one I made. I didn't have any speakers, so I decided to use headphones. Except when I plug the headphones into the audio jack, there isn't any sound. The computer doesn't think any headphones are plugged in either. It gives me and icon with the red x on the audio symbol on my taskbar. My headphones still do light up though. These headphones aren't broken, I use them with my laptop all the time. I've tried with multiple headphones also. Something peculiar happens when I plug in a pair of Audio Technica ath-m30x. They do produce some sound, and my computer recognizes it (the red x goes away) but they are really quiet. Turning them up to 100 volume (something if I do on my laptop It will burst my ear drums) it only gets to about where they would be at 25 volume on my laptop. Additionally, when I twist the part of the headphones in the audio jack around, it goes to much louder volume, but only for a second. I have an MSI h410M Pro mobo and think I set it up wrong when building. It came with a driver cd, but I don't have a CD player on my computer, or on any computer. I don't even have one in my house. I plugged d JAud1 in when building. Could someone provide assistance?

Edit: I forgot the mention that USB headphones work perfectly fine

+