Question "Audio renderer problem, please restart your computer" when using external audio card

henry90

Reputable
Nov 17, 2018
Hello everyone,
I play music and to do so I always used my computer. My previous configuration was nothing special, my old laptop plus an M-audio Fast Track Pro. Thing is, everything was working great, I could use for example some youtube videos on the background backing track and on top of it I could play my guitar (connected to the M-audio audio card of course) passing through Guitar Rig or any other software. Things changed a bit and I tried to step up..
I got my new computer with an Asrock X470 Taichi and a Scarlett Focusrite 2i2 2nd gen. I use Asio4all as audio driver. Now whenever a software is using my Scarlett Focusrite, anything else is blocked, for example indeed youtube. As soon as I open Guitar Rig and for example I try to reproduce an audio file somewhere else , youtube, VLC or anything else, it doesn't work. Especially from youtube I see the error "Audio renderer problem, please restart your computer". Can you please help me solving this error? Thanks in advance!