Question Audio seems to break up but only in game when using soundbar, any advice?

nayth.dulieu

Prominent
Dec 12, 2018
Hi guys,
Hoping someone may be able to help.
I recently bought a sound bar off of a friend ( Goodmans GDSB06BT40OP ) , I planned on using it as a speaker for my computer.
It all works fine for general use such as playing music and videos. However I have noticed that when playing a game ( Stellaris, if this is relevant ) the music seems to cut out and come and go, usually when other sound effects are happening.
However strangely this does not happen when using headphones or using the built in audio of my monitor. I have tried using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack and also a 3.5mm jack to RCA connector and both results are the same.

Could it be that this soundbar just isnt fit for gaming?

If any other info is needed please let me know.

Nayth

InvalidError

Titan
The sound bar has no way to tell where analog sound comes from and your computer has no way to tell the sound bar apart from anything else that plugs in the audio jack. What application the sound comes from should make absolutely no difference.

If you are using a different jack for your sound bar and headphones, maybe it is the jack that has an issue, try using the headphone jack or monitor output instead.

nayth.dulieu

Prominent
Dec 12, 2018
Thanks for your reply, so there is no way I can fix this? No software or workaround?
I tried by bluetooth and it seemed to work a little better, choppy instead of completely cutting out although the pairing did drop.