[SOLVED] Audio Stutter and random freezes in games

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

predator148

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
Hi , srry if this is not the best thread . So when I play some games ,mostly Rainbow Six Siege the audio stutters , freezes and like a huge mouse lag(can barley move it) . At first it some small freezes but in the last 2 weeks the audio started to stutter on Rainbow Six Siege and even on Youtube (louder noises or when i open the tab and the video starts without loading the rest of the page) . The freeze its a pain in the *** because if it freeze's , everything stops even the audio on discord .
The stutter and freeze is almost like in this video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq-0q5B5dT4

My Specs:
CPU:Intel I5-2500K 3.30 GHz
GPU:Nvidia GTX 1050 TI 4 GB
RAM:8 GB

To keep in mind im playing on my native resolution which is 1280x1024
Can anybody help me please

EDIT:It seems the audio stutters even while im downloadling a game and watching youtube

predator148

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
I did another run while downloading a game and at that time it 100% stutters even on youtube

REPORTED ISRs
_
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 95.425357
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.001109
Driver with highest ISR total time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.002132

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 176
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

_
REPORTED DPCs
_
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 91.080876
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ndis.sys - NDIS 6.20 driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.000352
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: ataport.SYS - ATAPI Driver Extension, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.001851

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 538
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

predator148

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
Fix it . Thx everybody for trying to help me . The things i did to make it work
1. Install this app : https://www.overclockers.at/articles/timerbench-ein-benchmark-fuer-windows-timer and try to change to HPET
2.(WIN 7) Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility.
2.1 On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box.
2.2 On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then Disable some of them that you think are useless
2b ( WIN 10)
2b.1From Start, search for msconfig.
2b.2Select System Configuration from the search results.
2b.3On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable some of them that you think are useless

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
and then tap or click Disable some of them that you think are useless

While this fix may have worked for you, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST just disabling random services that you think are "useless". That is how many of our users have managed to completely bork their systems. You got lucky that you did not.

I have closed this thread as your problem is solved, but for anyone going forward, do NOT follow this advice.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Status
Not open for further replies.