inenewbl

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2005

Hi all. I setup a few printers in my network and i realise most pc in my
network would auto map the available network printers. Is this a feature of
windows xp?

inenewbl wrote:
> Hi all. I setup a few printers in my network and i realise
> most pc in my network would auto map the available network
> printers. Is this a feature of windows xp?

Yes. Go to Control Panel -> Folder Options. Click on the View
tab. In the Advanced settings box you'll see an entry
"Automatically search for network folders and printers". Remove
the check mark if you want to turn off this feature.

Keep in mind that if you disable this feature you'll have to
add network printers and create new network places manually.

Nepatsfan