Question Automatically scrolling down infinitely on Web pages ,pdf files , text files , games etc.

Jun 18, 2024
I have a problem in my windows that arose recently and that is AUTOMATICALLY SCROLLING DOWN TO BOTTOM OF ANY WEB PAGE OR PDF OR TEXT or even games , I have 2 mouses (wired)1 bought recently of Logitech other is of hp , and I have 1 mechanical keyboard(wired) , I have tried everything from resetting windows to disabling and uninstalling mouse and keyboard from Device manager , even I opened up keys of my keyboard ,I even disabled all non-microsoft services running yet this problem still arises , even if I remove my mouse and use only keyboard it still happens and even if I use any of my mouses it still happens , i even ran some antivirus scans and found some malware , but yet again it still happens mouse cursor stays in one place and it happens all the time , if anyone have any insight or any solution please help .

Jun 18, 2024
Yes I have also tried it after removing the keyboard too , still the laptop shows same problem and even now that I have completely formatted the laptop , this problem is still there .

Jun 18, 2024
It’s Inspiron 15 Gaming 5577 , no I didn’t had any such problem before and I have been using these external keyboard and mouse for 15 days and didn’t had a single problem till now

Ralston18

Titan
Perhaps something like this:

https://discuss.logseq.com/t/shortcut-to-readily-navigate-to-page-bottom/11148/4

https://www.pcworld.com/article/504...ump_to_the_top_or_bottom_of_any_web_page.html

All too easy sometimes to bump a couple of keys and create some shortcut or hot key combination.

Google ways to jump to the bottom. Then look for how to undo or othewise stop the action.

= = = =

There could be a problem with the keyboard. And specifically the "end" key . Some keyboard malfunction and the system responds accordingly.

Try another known working keyboard on your computer. Try your keyboard on another known working computer.

Determine if the problem stays with the computer or follows the keyboard.

If the problem stays with the computer then look for any software or game add-ons that may have been reconfigured to make the jump/ Auto scroll to the bottom.

Could be something being launched during startup - check for any unknown tools or apps being launched at startup.

Yes I have also tried it after removing the keyboard too , still the laptop shows same problem and even now that I have completely formatted the laptop , this problem is still there .
Maybe a long shot but with only the laptop no external keyboard or mouse go over to your arrow keys on your built in keyboard and press them up than down and see if it lets you control the page from going all the way to the bottom. Is there a slim chance the arrow for down got something in there and it is kind of sticking.