Autoplay CD on Bootup?

Hi:

How can you burn an .exe file on a CD and make the file autoplay CD? I
have changed the BIOS to load "D" (CD-ROM) on startup and want it to auto
load and run the .exe file.

My Compaq Presario 2500 is hanging up on windows Startup blue screen and I
want to run this .exe file.

I need to be able to boot to the CD and have it autoplay or autorun the
..exe file.

Thanks

Hi,

It's not quite that simple, see: www.cdrfaq.org for this and other answers.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"ColTom2" <noemailaddress@none.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> How can you burn an .exe file on a CD and make the file autoplay CD? I
> have changed the BIOS to load "D" (CD-ROM) on startup and want it to auto
> load and run the .exe file.
>
> My Compaq Presario 2500 is hanging up on windows Startup blue screen and
> I want to run this .exe file.
>
> I need to be able to boot to the CD and have it autoplay or autorun the
> .exe file.
>
> Thanks

Hi Rick:

I found a shareware program, AutoRun Wizard version 2.01, that is quite
simple to use and setup a file to auto run etc. I set up a file and tested
it and it ran like a champ. It even has a Test Feature for the selected
file.

Website for the program is
http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/utility/autorun/

Thanks for your timely reply.

ColTom2

> Hi,
>
> It's not quite that simple, see: www.cdrfaq.org for this and other
> answers.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@none.com> wrote in message
>> Hi:
>>
>> How can you burn an .exe file on a CD and make the file autoplay CD? I
>> have changed the BIOS to load "D" (CD-ROM) on startup and want it to auto
>> load and run the .exe file.
>>
>> My Compaq Presario 2500 is hanging up on windows Startup blue screen and
>> I want to run this .exe file.
>>
>> I need to be able to boot to the CD and have it autoplay or autorun the
>> .exe file.
>>
>> Thanks

what does this file do??