Average User Looks at Phone 150 Times a Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

noncense. I looked at my phone today 2 times. And most is 15-20 times

rb420

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
[citation][nom]casualcolors[/nom]Really? Seems like a chore. The average flip phone user looks at their phone twice. Once to turn off the alarm in the morning and again to try and get your number.[/citation]

My last flip phone was the samsung a920. While I wouldn't want to give up all the features that come with modern smartphones, I do miss being able to text and do other things without ever looking at my phone.

rb420

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
[citation][nom]fsdfsfds[/nom]noncense. I looked at my phone today 2 times. And most is 15-20 times[/citation]
Just because you don't fit under an "average user" doesn't mean that the whole study is nonsense. Don't forget, there are several people who send hundreds of texts a day. Both are extremes, and this states the average.

deksman

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
I may look at my phone only a few times per day (sometimes, none at all).
If I'm out, it may be more frequent, but probably within the 10 times mark.

DaRAGingLunatic

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
At my work I see people look at their phones constantly. This is in an office where they are meant to be switched off the the worker working. It's god damn ridiculous the amount of time people spend with their phones.

chicofehr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I send about 100 texts, emails and BBM a day. I must be crazy!!! Most of it is work related and I hate it. I would rather text a pretty girl but all I get is my boss sending my orders. I hates cells :(

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
I guess there are a lot of people with smartphones who never use them, bringing these numbers way WAY down from where I would have expected them from personal experience...

G

Then the "average" user needs to get a life. They also need to put down their damned phone when with others. Burying your nose in your phone while in the presence of others is just plain rude. Put your phone up, and spend time with the people in your life, face to face.

Daedalus12

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
[citation][nom]mgilbert[/nom]Then the "average" user needs to get a life. They also need to put down their damned phone when with others. Burying your nose in your phone while in the presence of others is just plain rude. Put your phone up, and spend time with the people in your life, face to face.[/citation]

^ This

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I think this is pretty accurate. I have a smartphone and rarely talk to people (~1-2 calls/day) or text (~2/day), but I probably look at my phone 150 times a day for various other reasons (check time, games, web browsing, calendar, check my torrents, bus schedules, hockey scores (finally), email, music, etc). I'm probably average when it comes to phone usage. I'd guess that dumbphone's lower usage probably evens out with all of the people that are obsessed with their smartphone.

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
[citation][nom]mgilbert[/nom]Then the "average" user needs to get a life. They also need to put down their damned phone when with others. Burying your nose in your phone while in the presence of others is just plain rude. Put your phone up, and spend time with the people in your life, face to face.[/citation]
Apparently they DO have a life. it just revolves around their phone

sun-devil99

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
The most I look at my phone is for the clock since I don't wear a watch. I may make one or two calls a week. Same goes for texts. I do use the apps several times a day while I am out. Nonetheless I am not OCD enough to be looking at my phone 150 times day.

Hpnotiq

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
And Elvis is a heathen who's turning girls into floozies!

Sound ridiculous and stupid? Yeah, that's how you're going to sound in about 10 years (personally I think that's how you sound now - but general consensus takes time to catch up).

morne

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
I must be below average, only twice for me, into pocket in morning, out of pocket at night. technically it doesn't count as i don't "work" on it. cant say the same for pc though... +/- 16hours a day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.