[SOLVED] b-die ram. New to overclocking

ohitsham

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2013
I own 4 sticks of Corsair Vengence Pro RGB which has B-die @ 3200 15-15-15-36-50. Im told I should overclock it to 3600mhz and lower the "timing"(?). Im not sure what to means but people told me that you will get a significan fps boost if you do.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Extra 400MHz isn't going to solve your Warzone issues. The game itself / and or Geforce driver version you're on is most likely the problem.

Say if you were to overclock ram and is successful by loosening timings and perhaps adding a tad more voltage for stability if needed, you wouldn't get the results you're after.

Fast ram helps, that's the bottom line but it's more important for Ryzen than Intel. Differences between 3200 and 3600 on your 9900k system would be negligible.

ohitsham

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2013
Extra 400MHz isn't going to solve your Warzone issues. The game itself / and or Geforce driver version you're on is most likely the problem.

Say if you were to overclock ram and is successful by loosening timings and perhaps adding a tad more voltage for stability if needed, you wouldn't get the results you're after.

Fast ram helps, that's the bottom line but it's more important for Ryzen than Intel. Differences between 3200 and 3600 on your 9900k system would be negligible.

Ah for ryzen chips i see. Okay. Do you think i should go back to older versions on my geforce drivers?