[SOLVED] [B350 Tomahawk] Boot times incredibly slow after bios update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generuu

Commendable
Mar 10, 2020
So I've posted something similar to this before. Basically, in the last post, I described that after updating to the new click bios drivers, my boot times shot up from around 8 to 10 seconds to 40 to a minute. I'll leave a link for any of those who want more details.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/boot-times-suddenly-really-slow.3580595/

Someone then responds with, "Try updating your AMD chipset drivers". I do that, and it works! Temporarily. The longest that I've seen it last for is a day. Which isn't great considering I only really ever need to turn on my computer once a day.

I'm not entirely sure why after a day, my computer decides to reset itself and be slow again. I know it has the potential to have fast bootup times but it just won't take it for some reason.

Generuu

Commendable
Mar 10, 2020
Ight well I managed to figure out what was causing the problem on my own.
After installing the new chipset drivers, my computer was finally able to shut down properly. This, however, only would happen once, meaning that I would have to constantly install the AMD chipset drivers just to fully shut down my computer.

Because of this, I would build the habit of force shutting down my computer. Otherwise, it wouldn't turn off completely. Well, after reflashing my bios, and once again, installing my chipset drivers, I was once again able to turn off my computer completely and boot it up with ssd times. However, this is nothing new. The real test would begin upon the second shut down and startup.

Well low and behold, after using windows to shut down my PC, it actually shut itself off completely, and upon booting it, I was on my desktop within 8 seconds. Hopefully this helps some. Just try and make sure your is valid and installed properly, and don't force shutdown your PC if you can avoid it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.