Jan 5, 2020
In the past I've updated my bios but then something must've got corrupted because I couldn't boot my pc up after, resulting in me having to reset my CMOS for the first time which was scary... recently I've bought more RAM but apparently my motherboard isn't strong enough to handle it fully without updating BIOS. I'm scared to update it again, is this a common issue or is something wrong with my motherboard?

CPU: AMD ryzen 5
Motherboard: B350m bazooka (ms-7a38)
Ram: 8 gb ddr4 sdram team group (upgrading into xpg spectrix d60g 16gb (2x8gb))
HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD ST3000DM001 3TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
SSD: Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5"
GPU: Radeon RX 580 4 gb
PSU: channel well technology gpt500s-a 500 watt
Chassis: Carbide Series™ SPEC-04 Mid-Tower Gaming Case (but instead of corsair logo its cyberpowerpc)

Last edited:
In the past I've updated my bios but it completely wrecked everything, resulting in me having to reset my CMOS for the first time which was scary... recently I've bought more RAM but apparently my motherboard isn't strong enough to handle it fully without updating BIOS. I'm scared to update it again, is this a common issue or is something wrong with my motherboard?

CPU: AMD ryzen 5
Motherboard: B350m bazooka (ms-7a38)
Ram: 8 gb ddr4 sdram team group (upgrading into xpg spectrix d60g 16gb (2x8gb))
HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD ST3000DM001 3TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
SSD: Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5"
GPU: Radeon RX 580 4 gb
PSU: channel well technology gpt500s-a 500 watt
Chassis: Carbide Series™ SPEC-04 Mid-Tower Gaming Case (but instead of corsair logo its cyberpowerpc)
Define "wrecked" BIOS. If it was really the case resetting CMOS wouldn't help and that's very easy and safe operation.
Did you follow BIOS flash procedure exactly as prescribed in MB manual and from BIOS itself ?
First rule is to do it while PC is compleatly shut off while resetting CMOS either by contacts on MB or by taking CMOS battery off. That part is essential.

Jan 5, 2020
Define "wrecked" BIOS. If it was really the case resetting CMOS wouldn't help and that's very easy and safe operation.
Did you follow BIOS flash procedure exactly as prescribed in MB manual and from BIOS itself ?
First rule is to do it while PC is compleatly shut off while resetting CMOS either by contacts on MB or by taking CMOS battery off. That part is essential.
BIOS/PC wouldn't boot and only resetting CMOS fixed it. I dont remember because this was like a year ago but I'm almost 100% sure I followed procedures because I don't know what i'm doing.

Jan 5, 2020
There's no mention of having to do sequential BIOS upgrade but only to update chipset drivers first.
Which BIOS version you have now and which Ryzen 5 ?
oh that's something new to me, I have AMD Ryzen 5 2600. BIOS says American Megatrends Inc. 1.io (or 1.Lo) 2018-12-21

edit: i believe bios version is
BIOS Version
015.050.002.001 not thje one listed above

Last edited: