[SOLVED] B450 Aorus M BIOS

Feb 26, 2022
Good afternoon,

I have a Ryzen 5 2600 on a Gigabyte B450 Aorus M. I'm currently on the board's BIOS version F51 and I'm not sure if it's possible to update the BIOS without losing support for my CPU, as it's 2nd generation.

Does anyone know what BIOS version I could upgrade to without losing support?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
Hey there,

Well technically, any one that's above F51 (e.g F52/53 or whatever) will contain the same supported CPU's. So in that sense you're fine. Nothing to worry about.

The questions I have is why do feel the need to upgrade? There can be improvements in system stability, memory compatibility, and performance from updating your bios. But, often ,and some others will argue, that unless you have a specific reason the update the bios, then it might be better to just leave it, with the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' point of view.

I'm in the camp of keeping my system up to date including the bios. So will typically run the latest one for my mobo.

edit looking at the bios page for your mobo, it seems that F62 has some major...
Hey there,

Well technically, any one that's above F51 (e.g F52/53 or whatever) will contain the same supported CPU's. So in that sense you're fine. Nothing to worry about.

The questions I have is why do feel the need to upgrade? There can be improvements in system stability, memory compatibility, and performance from updating your bios. But, often ,and some others will argue, that unless you have a specific reason the update the bios, then it might be better to just leave it, with the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' point of view.

I'm in the camp of keeping my system up to date including the bios. So will typically run the latest one for my mobo.

edit looking at the bios page for your mobo, it seems that F62 has some major security updates, so prob that one at a minimum. So F62/F63 is really where you want to be.

Reactions: Arthurlalves
Solution
Feb 26, 2022
Hey there,

edit looking at the bios page for your mobo, it seems that F62 has some major security updates, so prob that one at a minimum. So F62/F63 is really where you want to be.
Hey there,

Hey,

Thank you for your reply!

I really am at a stage that i want to keep my system up to date. I want to take advantage of the fact that I have relatively new parts and keep it updated, but I had that worry about the cpu support. I'll try to update the BIOS and i'll write the result here. If it works, okay, but if not... then let's buy a new CPU LOL.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead