Question B450 Aorus Pro Wifi wont start after uldate

Nov 24, 2019
So after updating the bios from f40 to f50 of a b450 Aorus Pro Wifi paired woth Ryzen 5 3600, it wont start. I wonder what cpu to buy to flash the bios and update it again. I read that 200ge will help but I saw in the cpu list of the B450 Aorus, 200ge requires F30 Bios version. Im not sure whats the version of the bios back up in my motherboard. Any suggestions? Thanks.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
How did the process of updating bios go, did it say it was a success? How did you update bios, in the bios itself or Windows?

What happens when you press the power button, does the pc turn on with a black screen or does pc shut down?

Try clear cmos. Shut down pc, disconnect power and discharge remaining capacitor power by holding the power button down for a few seconds. Afterwards short the clear cmos pins, they are located above the F_panel connector. Page 13 in manual, item #18 on motherboard layout. Instructions on how to clear cmos is page 21.

After clearing cmos, try boot. Might want to reseat your ram, trying one stick in A2 slot - second slot from cpu. If successful, go into bios and load optimised defaults, reboot and re-enter bios to reset any other settings you've had prior to bios reset.

If clearing cmos doesn't work, it's possible the bios flash has failed and the backup bios is activated which uses the factory default bios which would be a version below Zen2 support. I'm not sure which version the backup bios is using, hopefully F30 for 200ge to work, should be i hope.

https://www.gigabyte.com/microsite/55/tech_081226_dualbios.htm

Taking your system to a PC store could be an option.

Nov 24, 2019
How did the process of updating bios go, did it say it was a success? How did you update bios, in the bios itself or Windows?

What happens when you press the power button, does the pc turn on with a black screen or does pc shut down?

Try clear cmos. Shut down pc, disconnect power and discharge remaining capacitor power by holding the power button down for a few seconds. Afterwards short the clear cmos pins, they are located above the F_panel connector. Page 13 in manual, item #18 on motherboard layout. Instructions on how to clear cmos is page 21.

After clearing cmos, try boot. Might want to reseat your ram, trying one stick in A2 slot - second slot from cpu. If successful, go into bios and load optimised defaults, reboot and re-enter bios to reset any other settings you've had prior to bios reset.

If clearing cmos doesn't work, it's possible the bios flash has failed and the backup bios is activated which uses the factory default bios which would be a version below Zen2 support. I'm not sure which version the backup bios is using, hopefully F30 for 200ge to work, should be i hope.

https://www.gigabyte.com/microsite/55/tech_081226_dualbios.htm

Taking your system to a PC store could be an option.

Hi, thanks for the reply, the update was done in windows and got the success message. But after the restart, nothing comes out of the monitor, can't even enter the bios. I tried the common troubleshooting method as you have suggested before creating this thread but got nothing from the monitor. I guess that bios was restored to the default version. Ijust dont know what version it is now.

I've checked the box of the motherboard and found out that there was a logo there, saying that it is athlon compatible. I'm now trying to borrow a boot kit cpu from AMD and hope to hear from them soon.

Nov 24, 2019
Id say the backup bios is the right version for an athlon. Next time if need to update bios do it in the bios 😊

Hi Sir,

I got the boot kit loan from AMD. After installing the 200ge. I got a post and a bios version of F50. Tried to flash It back to F30. Then follow the instructions in gigabyte's website until I installed the EC FW update which reverted my bios version to F5 and do the same thing up to Bios version of F40. After that Ive tried puttong my Ryzen 5 3600 back again but I still got no post. I tried clearing the CMOS, reseat the memories but still got no luck of getting a post. Tried reverting the bios back again and again but I still got no post. I dont know what to do now. I got no option left but to get x570 but Im still trying to get a post.

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Ok

I suggest taking your pc to a service store before your loan expires. Get them to check whether it's the board or cpu and go from there. Time is of essence i know. I believe getting it looked at is best course of action right now.