[SOLVED] B450-F orange/yellow light

Mar 15, 2020
This is a new build that I just finished. Whenever I turn my P.C. on or wake it up from sleep mode the indicator for a ram issue comes on and I don't receive any input on my screen. However, if I cut the power to the PCU and then turn the computer back on it boots up fine. This is my first build so I am not sure what is going on.
Spec:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
MOBO: ROG Strix B450-F
Ram: Corsair Vengance Pro 16gb (2x8gb) 3600mhz (compatible)
PSU: Corsair CX 750M
GPU: gigabyte geforce GTX 1660 ti
My brother talked me into building a P.C., and I have had issues since day one. I don't know much about P.C. building so he helped me order parts and build the computer, but he is a little A.D.D. and has no focus. The RAM he told me to order was not compatible, and when we got the parts he put the RAM in the A1 and B1 slots. When we tried to get the computer to run at the full mhz we realized that the ram was incompatible. I got new ram (posted in the specs) that is now compatible and installed them in the manufacturer recommended A2 and B2 slots. Also we updated the BIOS (online, not with thumb drive) when trying to figure out the issue with the incompatible RAM. I just not sure what the issue is as it runs fine after I turn the power all the way off, in fact I using to type this post. Right now it is just an annoyance, but I am concerned that it may lead to worse problems or be a symptom.

Solution
I would suggest you try running the RAM at a slower speed. 3600MHz is the maximum overclock your motherboard should be able to reach, but it's still an overclock. 2666MHz is the maximum non overclock memory speed.