[SOLVED] b450-f with Ryzen 5 3600 doesn’t boot

trippy_turtle

Commendable
Jul 11, 2017
Newly build a computer with b450-f ,ryzen 3600, noctua cpu fan, corsair 16gb vengeance rgb, thermaltake toughpower gf1 750 watt, and gtx 1060.

When I boot it the Asus logo rgb light is on, Ethernet flashes orange, and power supply fan is spinning lightly.

gpu fan, cpu fan, and case fans are not spinning.
Is there a qled on this board??

I checked the cables multiple times. The required bios is 2301. The sticker on the board says bios is 2605.

What other troubleshootingcan I do?

Thank you

Last edited:
Solution
yeah, not sure. What’s causing this to happen. Even the qled aren’t lighting up. Maybe I’ll just grab another mobo
Have you looked through this checklist?

trippy_turtle

Commendable
Jul 11, 2017
Your motherboard does have Q-LEDs. They are located at the top left corner of your RAM slots.
Have you tried booting with 1 stick of RAM in slot DIMM_A2?
Yeah I tried one stick off ram. Triple checked the plugs.
The qled lights doesn’t light up.
Also took motherboard out of case and test again with ram. Made sure everything is tight, still same result.

trippy_turtle

Commendable
Jul 11, 2017
If the GPU fan, CPU fan, and case fans are not spinning, the problem is not the RAM. Have you checked the CPU for bent pins?
Yes, they are not bent. I reseated my heat sink and checked if the pins.

one thing I didn’t use was the noctua back plate for the cpu fan. The b450-f had back plate so i used that one instead. Tutorial said I can use that. Can that be the problem??

yeah, not sure. What’s causing this to happen. Even the qled aren’t lighting up. Maybe I’ll just grab another mobo

Solution

trippy_turtle

Commendable
Jul 11, 2017
DOA power supply. I took my dusty 650w corsair psu to test. Now everything works.

Thanks!!