[SOLVED] B450 Tomahawk Flashes red, the Case fans spin for one second then shuts off

Feb 23, 2020
Hi so I was building my friends PC (Ryzen 5 2600X, MSI B450 TOMAHAWK, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB 3200, Gigabyte Radeon RX 5600 XT, EVGA BQ 600 W 80+ Bronze, MUSETEX Phantom Black ATX Mid-Tower) and it worked fine until he took it home and it worked for a bit, Windows 10 installed and everything. He told me he turned it on while it was on top of carpet, I also set the RAM speed to 3600 in the BIOS when the ram is 3200 (dumb move probably but I’m giving all info). FLASH forward to later he tells me he’s pressing the on button and the tomahawk flashes red and white, and the case fans turn on for a flash then the whole system shut off. I’ve only tried a handful of things ex. disconnecting one ram stick and turning it on, maybe cleared CMOS (not sure if I’m doing it because the pc didn’t turn on), and disconnected and re connected case cables. If anyone can help or suggest anything that’d be great!

Solution
Probably that Tier C PSU - Recommended for entry level desktops, low profile HTPCs, Office desktops.

Turning on a PC on a carpet won't do anything except maybe suffocate the bottom PSU air intake.