Question B450m bazooka v. Z390 aorus ultra

Jul 8, 2019
So I have a msi b450m bazooka and recently happened to get my hands on a asus rtx 2080. Since the b450m doesn’t have WiFi onboard I had to get a WiFi card. Now that I put in the 2080 there is no room for the WiFi card, so now I have to switch to ethernet. When I get the gigabyte aorus ultra, and it has onboard WiFi will I need to get a WiFi card, or could I use the WiFi on board to game?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Vs Ethernet? Even in the best case scenario, Ethernet is going to be the better route to go.

Vs "standard" Wifi? I'm not sure what you mean by "standard" Wifi? The onboard solution is solid there, and would rival ~$50 PCIe Wifi cards.... but your home networking setup will play more of a part than the actual network adapter used.

Regardless, you do appreciate Z390 supports 8th & 9th Gen INTEL CPUs, and your B450 supports AMD... right?

Jul 8, 2019
Vs Ethernet? Even in the best case scenario, Ethernet is going to be the better route to go.

Vs "standard" Wifi? I'm not sure what you mean by "standard" Wifi? The onboard solution is solid there, and would rival ~$50 PCIe Wifi cards.... but your home networking setup will play more of a part than the actual network adapter used.

Regardless, you do appreciate Z390 supports 8th & 9th Gen INTEL CPUs, and your B450 supports AMD... right?
Ahh I see ok well thanks though by standard WiFi I meant like 10mbps to 100mbps. Didn’t see what you said about the cpus but yes I know. I was going to get i79700k with the z390 sometime later