[SOLVED] B550 + 4650G run without bios update ?

merzamahmood

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019
Hi Guys
How are u all ?

my friend need to build a pc
and i suggest for him ryzen 4650 and he agreed with me

I will build this pc for him
But i need help
Does B550 Need bios update to run 4650G
Or just put the cpu and it will run perfectly

Ty

Last edited:
Solution
Generally yes. B550 usually needs a newer BIOS for the 4650G. However that doesn't mean you will need to, it depends on when the board was manufactured, who is selling it and what board it is specifically. Some boards you can buy with the latest BIOS on anyway, in which case, no need to update. If it still has it's original BIOS on it however, it may need updating.

As above states, check the board you want and then look at the support site directly, if you're unsure, ask your seller what BIOS it ships with and if they update them (which they usually don't).

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Generally yes. B550 usually needs a newer BIOS for the 4650G. However that doesn't mean you will need to, it depends on when the board was manufactured, who is selling it and what board it is specifically. Some boards you can buy with the latest BIOS on anyway, in which case, no need to update. If it still has it's original BIOS on it however, it may need updating.

As above states, check the board you want and then look at the support site directly, if you're unsure, ask your seller what BIOS it ships with and if they update them (which they usually don't).

Solution