[SOLVED] B550 instead of X570

Ateretu

Reputable
Feb 19, 2020
EDIT I made 2 same posts, really sorry for that I write on phone

Sorry for every mistake

Hello! I'm planing to buy new ryzen 4th gen and I'm wondering about motherboard. My first thought was asus tuf x570 but later b550 asus rog strix f came out in the same price as x570 in my country. Question is how much features I lose because of b550. I really want to take rog strix because it has better look also it hasn't this little fan I know tuf fan is okay but still I dont like it. Also is it possible to overclock ryzen 4700x on b550 rog strix without this fan? How with rog strix mb temperatures? I'm sitting on i5 6600k with Z170 so I'm not upgrading only MB from B450 or X470.

Thanks for all answers!

Solution

Sorry for every mistake

Hello! I'm planing to buy new ryzen 4th gen and I'm wondering about motherboard. My first thought was asus tuf x570 but later b550 asus rog strix f came out in the same price as x570 in my country. Question is how much features I lose because of b550. I really want to take rog strix because it has better look also it hasn't this little fan I know tuf fan is okay but still I dont like it. Also is it possible to overclock ryzen 4700x on b550 rog strix without this fan? How with rog strix mb temperatures? I'm sitting on i5 6600k with Z170 so I'm not upgrading only MB from B450 or X470.

Thanks for all answers!
From what I read you don't...

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Sorry for every mistake

Thanks for all answers!
From what I read you don't really loose anything just limited to 1 M.2 drive running gen 4 speeds and 1 video card so it don't matter to most users.

For overclocking a processor that has not even been released?????

Reactions: Ateretu
Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
it's common thing to do. we see it all the time on the forum. as soon as something is announced or even rumored, folks quickly start asking all these questions. it'll pick up even more the closer we get to launch dates. no bigge, we used to it :)

which motherboards are you asking about? you did not link any or mention any above?

Reactions: Ateretu