darkking791

Honorable
Jun 8, 2018
hi guys i build a pc for a friend and to say the least the B550m Aorus Elite motherboard is a dissapoiment....
i downloaded and installed the latest audio drivers from the gigabyte site but i cant find the realtek control (for example in asus motherboard when i install the audio drivers then automaticaly the Realtek audio console is downloaded from ms store) but in this gigabyte motherboard i dont see any audio control and the bass is very bad ... my friend have better audio with bluetooth (from the phone) than the audio from PC.

doesnt this motherboard have any audio control software?
also i have one more annoyance for some reason the Safely remove hardware notification shows internal hard drives how i disable it? its the first time i see this problem ..

i installed windows 11 (im new with these windows i use them only 2 months)

ps i downloaded this driver [6.0.9373.1] from gigabyte site
ps 2 i only downloaded the audio and lan drivers from gigabyte site and the amd chipset and gpu drivers from amd site.

rest of the system is
5600x
b550m aorus elite
16gb ddr4 3200
500gb nvme ssd
750W Coolermaster Gold psu
500gb 860 evo
1tb hard drive
sapphire 6700xt

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Check for Realtek HD Audio Manager in Control Panel or see if the file RtkNGUI64 is in the C:\Program Files (x86) folder.
Installing Windows 10 or 11 and updating, usually takes care of the Realtek HD Audio Manager, unless the process is interrupted.
If is not there then...uninstall and delete the Realtek High Definition Audio device drivers from your computer in Device Manager. Restart your computer and Windows will automatically download and install Realtek HD Audio driver and Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Also, you can get Realtek HD Audio Manager downloaded form Realtek website.

darkking791

Honorable
Jun 8, 2018
Check for Realtek HD Audio Manager in Control Panel or see if the file RtkNGUI64 is in the C:\Program Files (x86) folder.
Installing Windows 10 or 11 and updating, usually takes care of the Realtek HD Audio Manager, unless the process is interrupted.
If is not there then...uninstall and delete the Realtek High Definition Audio device drivers from your computer in Device Manager. Restart your computer and Windows will automatically download and install Realtek HD Audio driver and Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Also, you can get Realtek HD Audio Manager downloaded form Realtek website.
I found this one and managed to install it aftter 5 tries
https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/realtek-audio-control/9P2B8MCSVPLN?hl=en-us&gl=us&rtc=1

but it doesnt have any amplifier and the bass of the speakers when i play audio from pc is very low/bad .. but when i play audio from bluetooth (from smartphone) its much better :/ ....
the speakers are the Z407 BLUETOOTH should i try connect the speakers with the pc with bluetooth usb adapter?

ps : it was a fresh install and i downloaded the drivers from gigabyte site and i was connected to the internet the whole time it should have download it automatically .. i tried to uninstall it and install it again and tried manual to search for updates from windows update and from ms store but nothing....

Last edited:

darkking791

Honorable
Jun 8, 2018
So the issue is present on both, the rear and the front audio ports?
If it is...then disconnect the front audio header from the motherboard and test the audio again.
By the way, that isn't the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
it isnt the manager but from what i see its an official software from realtek?.. ( it does have control on the audio and it says gigabyte on the right side of window when i use the software)
ok from my understanding and after i used different speakers to check ...
it seems that the problem is that the audio is poor its working fine but it doenst have a good bass
.. so in the end i just bought the the sound blaster play! 4 which does have much better sound on the same speakers.